Thursday, July 14, 2011

the kids at Flamborough


In the spring of 2010, when we lived in England, Tim and I took 5 of our kids, to a magical place called Flamborough Head. It is in East Yorkshire along the coast of the North Sea. The water was so crystal clear. The cliffs and the rocks are made of chalk and are breathtakingly gorgeous! The chalk erodes faster than in any other coastal place in UK. We stopped in at the restaurant below the lighthouse and had fish and chips served in paper and Tim and I had a few pints, no doubt. The kids were chuffed, thrilled, to find they served ice cream. Ice cream is a rare find in the cooler climate of England. All smiles all around. It was a lovely day. By the way,  I have a nice little piece of the chalk that I collected that day on my back deck that I still treasure and hope it will not disintegrate anytime soon.


1 comment:

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. said...

well hello! just saw your comment on my blog and in turn found your blog! your kids are absolutely precious. following you now. :)