Wednesday, July 27, 2011

egg sandwich w prosciutto












My favorite go-to wake up meal is a fried egg sandwich. I like to change it up with different ingredients to keep it interesting. This one I made starts with a slice of whole wheat bread in the toaster, cooked to a nice light brown crunchy doneness. I then topped it with mayonnaise. I cooked the egg on an iron skillet over easy on high heat with sizzling hot salted butter to give the egg some crispness on the edges. Cold sliced tomatoes, topped with tabasco, chunky kosher salt, fresh ground pepper then followed. Prosciutto is a very thin sliced italian ham, and it has the perfect texture and salty taste to be a good choice as the next ingredient. I then topped if off with fresh cool arugula! And, Voila! A deliciuos and healthy, wholesome meal.

4 comments:

dulci said...

that looks yummy!!!

http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

Tim said...

wow, wish I was home to share that!

christinerojas said...

You lived in England?! I am so jealous.

ps. this looks yummmy!!

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. said...

i would like you to come cook me breakfast. every morning. thanks. :)