Thursday, September 29, 2011

pumpkin patch


a trip to the pumpkin patch every fall is a lovely tradition
kids go with their schoolmates and learn about the circle of life in the garden

a pumpkin seed becomes a pumpkin plant, and a pumpkin plant becomes a pumpkin
the pumpkin has seeds, and so on and so on

we watched a video in the old schoolhouse, called the pumpkin circle narrated by Danny Glover, before heading out to the fields
and seeing this film, I found myself wanting to grow my own pumpkins next year with the kids


We really enjoyed going through the corn maze
then we proceeded towards the pumpkins to select our own special treasure to take home

Overall a wonderful fall day spent with my son
in the high plains of Colorado











2 comments:

Nicole Marie said...

too cute! going to take my brothers to the pumpkin patch next time i go home

Rick Watson said...

Those are some beautiful pictures. I love fall colors